Happy Tuesday! I hope you all had a great weekend!
Even though the Superbowl didn't exactly go the way I wanted, atleast it was a fun day with good food! And this Mediterranean dip was one of the best bites, so I wanted to share. I love that it's a different take on the traditional Seven Layer Taco Dip. It's like its older, wiser, and more sophisticated cousin... or something :)
Regardless, if you're a fan of Mediterranean flavors, you'll love this dip. I hope you give it a try!
Mediterranean Seven Layer Dip
- 2 cups hummus (I made my own, but you can use store-bought in a pinch)
- 1.5 cups greek yogurt (fat free is fine)
- 1.5 Tbsp. finely diced red onion
- 1.5 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup seeded, diced English cucumber
- 1 cup seeded, diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions (about 3 green onions)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
In a bowl, combine the greek yogurt, diced red onion, fresh dill, minced garlic, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
On a large, flat plate, spread the hummus in an even layer. Next, spread an even layer of the greek yogurt mixture (btw - the yogurt mixture is a version of tzatziki sauce, so you can probably pick that up at the grocery store, too, if you're in a hurry!) Then, in the following order, top with the diced cucumber, diced tomatoes, chopped kalamata olives, chopped artichoke hearts, chopped green onion, and crumbled feta.
Serve with pita chips, or red pepper & cucumber slices. Enjoy!