Hello and Happy Tuesday!
Today I'm sharing a great side dish salad - it's light and fresh, yet filling at the same time... and it's quite tasty to boot! All good things for a salad.
This Mediterranean Chickpea salad is super easy to throw together, and contains some of the best summer veggies - tomatoes, cucumber, and bell pepper, and some of my other fave ingredients like chickpeas, kalamata olives, feta, and parsley. Tossed in a light lemon vinaigrette, this salad is a sure winner!
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- 3 cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber, seeded & chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
Easy Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Add the dressing to the salad, and toss to combine.
Allow the salad to sit for at least 10 minutes in the refrigerator for the flavors to come together. Serve cold.
This is such a perfect summer salad - It's tasty, refreshing, light and filling at the same time - such a great combination! Serve it alongside your BBQ, and you have a delicious, satisfying meal. I hope you give it a try!
*Recipe adapted from A Teaspoon of Happiness